Monday, August 5, 2013

When things break down...or mess up

Well, this month my water bill was doubled. I wondered why. Now I know.......my toilet. The throne of the house, was acting up. The chain kept falling off the handle, and getting stuck under the flapper. So, this morning, after getting woke up 2 hours before I wanted to by our wonderful dog.......the toilet wouldn't stop flushing. I looked, the S part of the chain got caught in the pipe under the flapper. So, I looked up online how to fix it, well, within an hour, I tried all of it....but 1. I didn't have any metal cutters, and it was before 9am, and I don't like to disturb my neighbors before then (because I don't want to be disturbed before then).
  Her boyfriend loaned me a pair of metal cutters.....snip, snip, chain broke loose. I used a chain link for hanging plants, and it works nicely! Now, since they're oval shaped, I don't have to worry about it falling off again! Unfortunately, the chain fell into the pipe...so, hopefully its small enough to where it won't cause any problems. But, my next bill will be cheaper!
Here are the 2 sites I went to for help.....

This is what my toilet looks like:
http://home.howstuffworks.com/toilet1.htm

These are a list of suggestions to retrieve your chain:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22793911-Toilet-Question-Chain-is-stuck-in-hole


   I hope this helps someone who's having this issue, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment